Spring is in the air. Can you feel it?! Celebrate the season, and Earth by joining Okanagan Makers for their inaugural Spring Market on Saturday, April 21 and Sunday, April 22 (Earth Day!). The brand new show has over 135 vendors – selling jewellery and clothing, to natural body care products, food, house and home accessories, and lots more. Admission is $5, cash only, at the door. Children under 12 are free of charge.
Okanagan Makers Spring Market Hours:
Saturday, April 21: 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Sunday, April 22: 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Just wait, Okanagan Makers has done it again. NEW, at this show, Okanagan Makers Spring Market has workshops. There are a variety, which are free with admission. Spring Market an opportunity to learn something new. From recycling – to veggie gardening – to Solar DIY projects – to women’s health, we’ve got some great information to help us all spring ahead in our lives.
Meeting Room 1:
- 10:30AM – 11:30AM | FREE with admission | What Goes in Your Recycling Bin with Cameron Baughen RDOS Solid Waste Management Coordinator.
What can be recycled and how. You’re welcome to bring items that you aren’t sure can be recycled.
- 11:45 AM – 12:14 PM | FREE with admission| 5 Simple Steps To Making Compost with Cameron Baughen, RDOS
Meeting Room 1,2,3:
- 1PM to 4PM | $30 Ticketed | Here Comes the Sun: 30 Solar DIY projects with plans, with John Barling. Tickets are available online here or $40 at the door.
Sunday’s Workshop and Earth Day Celebrations include:
- 12:00 pm: Earth Day Prayers
- 12:30 pm: Buffalo Wisdom: Performance by Laurent Isadore
- 1:00 pm: Various local musicians
- Live Painting with Jenny Long: Charming, lovely and talented Jenny Long will be live painting in honour of Earth Day! Find her in the North Lobby.
- Face Painting by Cammie: The first 25 kids on Earth day will be treated to a great free face painting with the sweet artistry of Camille Clarke, and she will face paint grown ups, too!
Meeting Room 1:
- 10:30 AM – 11:30 AM | FREE with admission | Why Choose Natural Products? With Maryne Hachey Nutrition & Wellness Specialist
- 11:45 am – 12:45 pm | FREE with admission | Introduction to Permaculture Gardening in the South Okanagan with Rick Hatch, Cherry Tree Permaculture
- 1:00 pm- 2:00 pm | FREE with admission |Growing Good Veggies: Introduction to Vegetable Gardening in the South Okanagan with Kathryn McCourt, lifelong gardener
- 2:15 pm – 3:15 pm | FREE with admission| Womens’ Mid-Life & Menopausal Journey Today
Hands on tools to support improved self care and wellness with LedaRose Ceder. Leda Rose, BSW has a 16 year career coordinating women’s programs
- 3:15 pm – 4:00 pm | FREE with admission |Getting Probiotics in Your Diet Naturally
Raina Lutz RHN owner/operator of holistic nutrition school & products Lutz Nutrition Registered holistic nutritionist
Visit www.OkanaganMakers.com for more information – including a list of vendors!